Devoted Illusion - Noir Film

Devoted Illusion 


Black and white Make-up design modelled by Melissa Janes, Make-up by Rebecca Southerden  



I am involved in a short film making project where I will be designing a make-up and hair look to go with the Noir setting. The film is inspired by 'Sorry, Wrong Number' and 'Double Indemnity,'with the script writing from director and producer Melissa Janes. Image to the right is an example of the setting for the film, this photo was taken during a practice shoot at the scene in Southampton. 



This is an image of the practice run through of filming, I used my skills in black and white makeup to create a subtle 1940's look for film Noir. 

28.04.17
Started filming tonight!





     
Filming was fun! It took place by 'The Tudor House' in Southampton, there are many aesthetic areas here which imitate the scene from an inspired movie; "Double Indemnity"

Hair and makeup was a success, next time I would fashion an 'up-do' hairstyle to avoid the curls falling out, although I was creating a look created by the directing film crew. I used a black and white inspired makeup design yet toned down some of the stronger elements such as; black pigment used for eyebrows, this I exchanged for a dark shade of brown to match the models hair colour, I also styled the brow to adhere to the 40's style. I used black (MUA)on the lips and used black for the classic 40's flick. 

Comments

Popular Posts